Coddenham Community Shop
A village shop serving and supporting the rural community
Shop Opening Hours*
Monday- Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 4:00pm
*Subject to seasonal and holiday changes – check this page and the shop news pages for regular updates. The Coddenham Community Shop price (list from Christmas 2022) is available as a PDF download here.
You can contact/message the shop via:
- Telephone 01449 760313
- E-mail email@example.com
- Facebook Coddenham Community Shop
Please see the shop news pages for national holiday and short notice changes to opening times.
- You are able to place an order for collection or local delivery. Times may vary, volunteer dependent.
- The shop will be open for customers to come in or pay at the side door during all opening hours. Although social distancing has now been lifted, if we could please ask everyone to be aware of other customers personal space while shopping.
- Please feel free to ask about any meat, bakery bread, cheese, fruit and vegetables. If you do not see a product you require on our list, please ask as much more is available to order in specifically for you.
- A varied stock will be available in store, but as this is not always guaranteed, we would like to politely ask you to order in advance where possible to avoid disappointment. See page 2 for ordering details.
- Payments can be made for pre orders over the telephone by credit/debit card or by card or cash for in store payment
- Hot and cold drinks, homemade rolls, pasties and savoury pastry goods, homemade cakes and a range of wrapped snacks are now available to sit in or take away.
- Katie’s Garden plants are available outside the shop, subject to availability.
- Dry Cleaning service is now available Friday mornings only. Please bring your items by close of business Thursday’s to avoid missing collection.
- Out reach Post Office Monday and Friday 9.30am-12.30pm. Stamps always available.
Local gifts and crafts available in our crafts and Post Office area.
Welcome to Coddenham Community Shop and Village Coffee Corner.
We are a friendly and welcoming “real” village shop proud to be run by the community for the community and offering a wide range of goods and services to our customers 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year.
Our enthusiastic team of local volunteers led by our manager Bliss Marshall are here to meet all your everyday shopping needs – and more. With hundreds of food and household products available every day, plus local crafts and gifts, plant sales, an outreach post office, dry cleaning collection service and newspapers – we offer a full service village shop.
To all this add our cosy Village Coffee Corner and Takeaway, for freshly ground coffee, tea, village baked cakes, pastries, freshly made rolls, available all day.
What we sell
We keep it local and prioritise working with local suppliers to ensure the freshest and best quality Suffolk produced products!
- Fresh meat, poultry, bacon and sausages
- Fresh fruit, vegetables and flowers
- Bread, cakes and baked goods
- Dairy – cream, yogurt, milk -regular, soya, oat, wheat
- Deli – fresh dips, pate, smoked salmon, continental meats, quiche, pies and pastries
- Cheese – from Suffolk and around the world
- Frozen meat, vegetables, fish, bakery and ready meals
- Sweets, Confectionery, Savoury Snacks & Ice Cream
- Soft drinks, fresh fruit juices, bottled water
All your store cupboard essentials
- Everything for home baking
- Household items
- Pharmaceuticals and personal items
- Extensive selection of wine ,beer, cider, spirits
- Local crafts, gifts, greeting cards
- Extensive seasonal plant sales
- Fuel for the home – coal, smokeless fuel, kindling, firelighters
- Garden – compost, growbags, topsoil, birdfood
- Cuddly toys….yes, we have those too!
Our stock is ever changing and we can’t promise that everything will always be in stock, – if we haven’t got it, we can usually get it for you very quickly – just ask.
We accept most major credit/debit cards (no minimum) as well as cash.
How the shop was relaunched
Read how a community came together relaunch and revitalise this great village asset and community hub.
Lord Lieutenant of Suffolk Award in recognition of outstanding service to the community during the Covid-19 pandemic.
And the BBC Make a Difference Award which is detailied in the audio below.
PDFs price lists need updating for 2022
Do you need extra volunteers?
Are you only interested in help from those living in Coddenham?
Marlene we always welcome new individuals to volunteer and always very thankful for any extra help! And no the volunteers don’t need to be based in Coddenham, as long as we are accessable!
Any other comments or queries please don’t hesitate to email the manager or give us a call on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01449 760313. Thankyou!
Good to see an update on the price list folks!
Doesn’t look like the price list was ever updated?
Reply from Bliss Marshall, Shop Manager;
We are currently working on an updated product list. All still current, other than a few new products we will have had in since. We want the new one to include all Christmas info so shall be released hopefully on the 9th/10th November
Thanks for the update
The price list is for August 2020 – is this still current?